To: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
cc: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell@ripe.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:53:44 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: quibbles about what is anycast.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 5:33 AM -0800 2002/11/04, Randy Bush wrote:
>
> >  note that the large isps have been running anycast caches (and some
> >  auths) for many years.
>
> 	Route hijacking, yes.  Transparent proxying, yes.  True anycast
> for protocols other than UDP?  I sincerely doubt it.  If you have
> evidence for this, I'd love to see it.

So Brad, what is 'true anycast' ?  I'd really love to read your
definition, in addition to any implementation tips utilising common
routing protocols as found on the Internet.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security