To: "John Stracke" <jstracke@incentivesystems.com>
Cc: keydist@cafax.se, ietf@ietf.org, isdf@isoc.org, openssl-users@openssl.org
From: Mark.Andrews@isc.org
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:09:13 +1000
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Global PKI on DNS?

> >Such software would not see this kind of data unless a user
> >of the server tried to use this stuff, and in that case I don't see
> >why that user couldn't upgrade her own software to get it to work.
>
> Because it's not their software? If I wanted to do PKI through DNS, and my
> ISP's server did not support TCP, I might be stuck.  Personally, I don't
> depend on my ISP for DNS, but many users do.

	If your ISP doesn't support DNS/TCP you are in trouble
	today.  The ISP is obviously clueless and the faster you
	leave the better it will be for you.

	Argueing against doing PKI through DNS based on ISP's not
	supporting TCP is a complete furphy.

	Mark

> |John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
> |jstracke@incentivesystems.com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
> |http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
> |Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.|

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@isc.org

Home | Date list | Subject list