To: keydist@cafax.se
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, isdf@isoc.org, openssl-users@openssl.org
From: "John Stracke" <jstracke@incentivesystems.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:11:18 -0400
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Global PKI on DNS?

>Such software would not see this kind of data unless a user
>of the server tried to use this stuff, and in that case I don't see
>why that user couldn't upgrade her own software to get it to work.

Because it's not their software? If I wanted to do PKI through DNS, and my
ISP's server did not support TCP, I might be stuck.  Personally, I don't
depend on my ISP for DNS, but many users do.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|jstracke@incentivesystems.com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.|