To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Cc: keydist@cafax.se
From: Rodney Thayer <rodney@tillerman.to>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:32:14 -0800
Delivery-Date: Fri Dec 28 20:34:30 2001
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: From whence we came...

actually, as it appeared to me at the Salt Lake City IETF, this
list started as an outgrowth of the SSH-keys-in-DNS proposal, so
it's already gone radically far afield.

However, I strongly agree this is the way to get the confusion
and misunderstandings out of the way and get some real work done.

At 02:18 PM 12/27/2001 -0500, Edward Lewis wrote:
>At 12:03 PM -0500 12/27/01, Rodney Thayer wrote:
> >there's also a long history of storing keys that doesn't relate to DNS,
> >which his post seems to ignore.  PGP key servers, all of the PKIX working
> >group's efforts, SPKI, etc.etc.etc.
>
>I wasn't "ignoring" the alternatives.  Those options were not part of the
>discussions that led to the creation of the mail list.

Well, the reason _I_ asked to participate was that i saw us drilling
the same unproductive rathole's we've drilled before... so as far as I was
concerned it was part of the discussion... since some of the obvious suspects
were in the loop I assumed others had similar opinions...

(further comments postponed in agreement with an interest in clean thread
headings...)

Home | Date list | Subject list