To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Ulrich Wisser <liste@publisher.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:31:39 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Anyone working on 4310-bis?

>>> 3. Support for the combination of add and rem
>> Yes, provided the text clearly states that only one outcome can occur.
>> This can mean doing all adds first, or all removes first.  Of course, all
>> adds can occur in any order, as can all removes.  Allowing policy to
>> dictate how this works would be mean that registrars would have to
>> support both.
>
> I don't think I understand your remark here.  I thought the idea was
> that we make this a sequence, such that the outcome is whatever that
> sequence of operations would be.  No?

But the sequence in the schema does allow only one kind of sequence. It
will always be add/rem or rem/add. The schema doesn't allow you to
choose which one to put first. And therefor the order of execution will
be fixed.

But if we go for the new dsData/keydata changes for the rem command I
can't see that we would need rem/add and add/rem. Either scheme allows
all reasonable updates. As dsData identifies exactly on ds record and
keydata exactly one key adding and removing the same ds record/key in
one epp command could be considered unreasonable, couldn't it?

/Ulrich