To: Eugenio Pinto <eugenio.pinto@fccn.pt>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Werner Staub <werner@axone.ch>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:05:40 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] restore report

Hi Eugenio,

In the case of a thick registry, where the contact information is stored
in the registry, all the restore report does is send data to the
registry that the registry already has. Therefore, for a thick registry,
it is best to eliminate the restore report requirement altogether.

The question of who may restore a domain is an entirely different
matter. Your suggestion of allowing restore by another registrar based
on the authinfo definitely looks like a good idea to me.

Regards,

Werner

Eugenio Pinto wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> I already know what it is (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3915.txt)
>
> What I would like to know now is if any Registry is asking for a restore
> report when some registrar issues a restore request?
>
> And if you allow another registrar (not the sponsoring registrar) to
> issue a restore request using the auth code (given by the registrant) in
> order to immediately transfer and also restore that domain in one step?
>
> Is this a bad idea? Do you allow a pendingDelete domain to be transfered
> to another registrar in any way?
>
> Best Regards,
> Eugenio
>

> Eugenio Pinto wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Sorry for the question, but can anyone tell me what is a restore
>> report? (what is it for?)

Home | Date list | Subject list