To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: janusz <janusz@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:49:02 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Implementation Report Update

Scott,
let me provide some implementation feedback regarding (2). Afilias
implemented support for offline review of contact update operation.
Handling very isolated policy exceptions was the main reason for the
implementation. As yet no Afilias customer/registrar has been exposed to
this server behavior. There is a high likelihood that in the near future
Afilias may utilize offline review mechanism for domain and contact
create operations.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

>I've been intermittently working on an EPP implementation report (see
>section 4.1.2 of RFC 2026) for the last few months.  The good news is
>that the people I've been working with have described implementations
>that cover most of the required and optional features in the core EPP
>specifications.  The bad news is that there are a few optional features
>that no one has yet described as "implemented".  These include:
>
>1. Domain transfer authorization using the "roid" attribute.
>
>2. Offline review of domain, host, and contact transform operations.  In
>truth, one registrar has reported that they have successfully tested
>this feature with domains and hosts, but I want to confirm that before
>reporting success.
>
>Has anyone implemented either of these two features?  The whole offline
>review thing was added at the request of folks who reported a need for a
>human to review requests before they could be acted upon.  I sure hope
>that someone who requested the feature actually implemented it!
>
>The current set of -bis drafts expired in May.  I'm planning to update
>them when I have a complete implementation report so we can seriously
>talk to the IESG about moving the documents to draft standard status.
>
>-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list