To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:39:03 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Implementation Report Update

I've been intermittently working on an EPP implementation report (see
section 4.1.2 of RFC 2026) for the last few months.  The good news is
that the people I've been working with have described implementations
that cover most of the required and optional features in the core EPP
specifications.  The bad news is that there are a few optional features
that no one has yet described as "implemented".  These include:

1. Domain transfer authorization using the "roid" attribute.

2. Offline review of domain, host, and contact transform operations.  In
truth, one registrar has reported that they have successfully tested
this feature with domains and hosts, but I want to confirm that before
reporting success.

Has anyone implemented either of these two features?  The whole offline
review thing was added at the request of folks who reported a need for a
human to review requests before they could be acted upon.  I sure hope
that someone who requested the feature actually implemented it!

The current set of -bis drafts expired in May.  I'm planning to update
them when I have a complete implementation report so we can seriously
talk to the IESG about moving the documents to draft standard status.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list