To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick Mevzek <provreg@contact.dotandco.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:31:42 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Implementation Report Update

Hollenbeck, Scott <shollenbeck@verisign.com> 2006-06-19 16:50
> I've been intermittently working on an EPP implementation report (see
> section 4.1.2 of RFC 2026) for the last few months.  The good news is
> that the people I've been working with have described implementations
> that cover most of the required and optional features in the core EPP
> specifications.

I would be very much interested in participating in any way possible.
I'm the author of a GPL-licensed software called Net::DRI, which is
a toolkit implementing RRP, EPP, and other registries protocols
(namely, at least, RFCs
2832,3632,3730,3731,3732,3733,3734,3735,3915,4114, and 4310).

All information is there :
http://www.dotandco.com/services/software/Net-DRI/index.en
(also in French for those prefering French).
It is used in live operations by various registrars in various
TLD.

>  The bad news is that there are a few optional features
> that no one has yet described as "implemented".  These include:
>
> 1. Domain transfer authorization using the "roid" attribute.

Implemented in my software.

> 2. Offline review of domain, host, and contact transform operations.  In
> truth, one registrar has reported that they have successfully tested
> this feature with domains and hosts, but I want to confirm that before
> reporting success.

Partially (until I understand better) implemented in my software.
The latest version implements parsing of panData result.
It was not clear from my reading of the RFC how things should
operate in other cases.

I'm in contact with a ccTLD registry starting to use EPP as well as
one .COM registrar, to enhance supports for multiple operations.

If anyone wants to hit me with a clue bat about this feature, I would be
happy to code what is necessary in next version.

--
Patrick Mevzek
Dot and Co <http://www.dotandco.com/>

Home | Date list | Subject list