To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Alexander Mayrhofer <axelm@nic.at>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:27:10 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC3731: domain:roid in <info> response

Hi,

i just noticed that the "roid" element in the response to a <domain:info>
request is a mandatory element. However, it seems that the "roid" is not
required in any other requests on domain objects, because all other
transactions use the <domain:name> to identify a certain object instance.

So, is there a reason why the "roid" is not optional in the <info> response?
And, any chance to change that in 3731bis? As it seems to me, we'd need to
"leak" the internal id of a domain object to the client for just this single
info-response - without any further use.

any insight appreciated.

cheers

Alex Mayrhofer
nic.at