To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Michael Young" <myoung@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:50:04 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Re: EPP domain:transfer

>What's the purpose of this? Intellectual exercice? Standards are supposed
to make life *simpler*. If you need a lot of work to fit >>>your business
rules into the standard, then it is not worth it.
EPP is a bad standard because it is not possible, giving the variety of
registration rules, to have a standard which is both standard (meaning reuse
of software) and sufficient.

I guess I have a different view than this.

I would describe EPP as a decent attempt to provide some consistent behavior
for registry clients in the industry.

If it doesn't suit your purposes then you can certainly volunteer to improve
it.  The help would be appreciated.

Michael Young

Home | Date list | Subject list