To: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "william(at)elan.net" <william@elan.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Re: EPP domain:transfer

I haven't really participated here and mostly watched out what so far...
But it seems to me if some can not find the current standard acceptable
because of some of the built-in rules, perhaps the correct step is to
reexamime and decide what are the most basic process for registration
common to all and move the rest othe current EPP that is TLD centric
into extensions (with capability to allow EPP server to advertise the
extensions and sets of rules it supports and clienttelling what set of
rules/extensions it would be using).

Just something to think about if you ever want to work on next version
of this protocol (which could be made quite compatible or very similar
for the current set of rules even if some of those would be extensions).