To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:27:56 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] 3730 <poll> Text Change Proposal

OK, we've been talking about the text in 3730 that describes the <poll>
command for a few days.  Let me throw out a straw man text change that
builds on the one first proposed by Jim Gould.

OLD (section 2.9.2.3):
Service messages MUST be created for all clients affected by an action
on an object.  For example, <transfer> actions MUST be reported to both
the client that requests an object transfer and the client that has the
authority to approve or reject the transfer request.

NEW:
Service messages can be created for all clients affected by an action on
an object that did not directly execute the action.  For  example,
<transfer> actions can be reported to the client that has the authority
to approve or reject a transfer request.  Other methods of server-client
action notification, such as offline reporting, are also possible and
are beyond the scope of this specification.

Fire away!

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list