To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:04:03 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] 3730 <poll> Text Change Proposal

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:27:56PM -0400, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> NEW:
> Service messages can be created for all clients affected by an action on
> an object that did not directly execute the action.  For  example,
> <transfer> actions can be reported to the client that has the authority
> to approve or reject a transfer request.  Other methods of server-client
> action notification, such as offline reporting, are also possible and
> are beyond the scope of this specification.

I like this, myself.  Do we want to make the "can"s in there SHOULDs
instead?  (I don't, really, but this is a pretty dramatic weakening
from the MUST we had before.  Looking at the archives, there seem to
have been some people arguing for a much more important poll queue.)

----
<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Home | Date list | Subject list