To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
CC: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: janusz sienkiewicz <janusz@libertyrms.info>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:24:20 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] RE: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-01.txt comments/proposal

Scott,
thanks for directing all participants of the RGP thread (not excluding myself)
to this document. I somehow missed release of this important document. I was
looking for some extension guidelines mostly in "Extensible Provisioning
Protocol" (section 2.7) and obviously I could not find anything satisfactory.

Following the guidelines is the best way to extend the protocol functionality
without loosing reasonable level of interoperability.

Janusz Sienkiewicz

"Hollenbeck, Scott" wrote:

> At this point I think it would be worthwhile for the people who are
> discussing this topic to re-read section 3 of the WG's "Guidelines for
> Extending the Extensible Provisioning Protocol" document.  That document has
> completed WG and IETF last call and is thus supposed to represent our best
> thinking on the topic.
>
> Folks advocating protocol-level or object-level extension should then
> explain how the answer to the first question in section 3 is an unequivocal
> "no".
>
> -Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list