To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:40:02 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] RE: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rgp-01.txt comments/proposal

At this point I think it would be worthwhile for the people who are
discussing this topic to re-read section 3 of the WG's "Guidelines for
Extending the Extensible Provisioning Protocol" document.  That document has
completed WG and IETF last call and is thus supposed to represent our best
thinking on the topic.

Folks advocating protocol-level or object-level extension should then
explain how the answer to the first question in section 3 is an unequivocal
"no".

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list