To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Jörg Bauer/Denic" <bauer@denic.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:16:49 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] References for Today's Host Object Discussion

To make things even worser.

At the .DE Registry we also registering A and MX records.

means: for these domains we don´t do delegation, we include the machines
directly into our zone. (don´t hit us for doing this, there are historical
reasons ...)

So, if we are going to change the protocoll I would like to have something
like:

<domain:ns>
   <domain:hostAttr>
     <domain:hostName>myhost.example.com</domain:hostName>
     <domain:hostType>A</domain:hostAddr>
     <domain:hostRHS>192.0.2.2</domain:hostAddr>
   </domain:hostAttr>
   <domain:hostAttr>
     <domain:hostName>*.example.net</domain:hostName>
     <domain:hostType>MX</domain:hostAddr>
     <domain:hostRHS>10 mail.example.net</domain:hostAddr>
   </domain:hostAttr>
</domain:ns>

(hostRHS = host right hand side = everything which is after the type in
the zonedata

With this solution it is possible to put everything inside a hostAttr.
Then it is up to the registry to define a policy and to accept/reject
these entries.

owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se wrote on 08.04.2003 19:56:29:

> Example domain attributes that describe host machines:
>
> <domain:ns>
>   <domain:hostAttr>
>     <domain:hostName>ns1.example.com</domain:hostName>
>   </domain:hostAttr>
>     <domain:hostName>ns1.example.net</domain:hostName>
>     <domain:hostAddr ip="v4">192.0.2.2</domain:hostAddr>
>   </domain:hostAttr>
> </domain:ns>
>
> Ed: so when can we move forward with document edits for this and the
privacy
> proposal?
>
> -Scott-

> ForwardSourceID:NT000391FE