To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Hideki Noma <noma@humeia.ad.jp>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:26:24 +0900
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] URL element in contact mapping

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for late action.

How about this kind of element.

<contact:url>https://ssl.d4u.jp/Contact.cgi</contact:url>

or in case there needs some distinction on which type of url;
(like as whois offered by whois.internic.net)

<contact:url type="web">https://ssl.d4u.jp/Contact.cgi</contact:url>
<contact:url type="whois">whois.internic.net</contact:url>

this should serve fine.

Adding url parameter might help in solving the privacy issue as
offering another means to contact the registrant, don't you think so?

Hideki Noma
Humeia Limited Partnership

> The WG (which is the mailing list) has not heard of this before, so
> we are unable to send you a reference.
>
> We would appreciate more information on this topic so that the
> protocol is capable of handling all it needs to handle.
>

> At 12:37 +0900 3/4/03, Hideki Noma wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >There will be a URL element introduced in .JP contact information in
> >near future.
> >And I beleive that some sort of element representing a URL of domain
> >owner or contact
> >is necessary.In fact whois.internic.net has both url element of
> >whois server and
> >web server.
> >
> >I understand that url element should be optional or even, extention
> >implemented by registrars,
> >however the element name must be standardized. I don't know why JP
> >registry is not commenting on
> >this but as one of JP registrar, I strongly request it.
> >
> >If there has been a discussion around this topic I've missed it,
> >please point me
> >where to look at.
> >
> >Hideki Noma
> >Humeia Limited Partnership
>
> --
> Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
> ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list