To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
cc: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@sidn.nl>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 19:30:08 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] FYI: EPP implementation by the Polish registry

    > One from Jaap - a look at how privacy concerns with .nl impact the issue.

    I sent a public message about the .nl requirement to Jaap not long after
    his note on the subject, that the EU residency requirement for registrars
    provided a contractual equivalent to a <dcp> element, and a simpler form
    (for a hypothetical deployment of epp, as .nl wasn't yet epp-operational)
    of whois-token, while sufficient for endpoints within the EU, would not be
    capable of allowing non-EU endpoints to register .nl domains.

    He hasn't responded.

I don't recall the question, at least I don't recognize it. The
basic answer is no.  There is no requirement for EU residency for
registars nor registrants. All contracts are under dutch law. To
force this, there should be a dutch adress to which papers can be
presented.  But that has nothing to do with privacy apart from the
fact that the dutch privacy law should be followed by .nl.

	jaap

Home | Date list | Subject list