To: "Rick Wesson" <wessorh@ar.com>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, "Edward Lewis" <edlewis@arin.net>
From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@neteka.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:21:11 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] our meeting slot in SF

It is not about punycode.

It is about the handling of character equivalence preparations (what I call
charprep): i.e. the creation of reserved variants and the management of zone
variants.  These charprep variants need to be generated upon domain creation
and conveyed to the registrant.

Examples of charprep include Traditional Chinese-Simplified Chinese Mapping
and visually identical characters in the LGC (Latin, Greek, Cyrilic) space.

Edmon