To: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Cc: Andrew Newton <anewton@ecotroph.net>, Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, iesg@ietf.org
From: Andrew Newton <anewton@ecotroph.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:25:43 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] FYI: EPP implementation by the Polish registry

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 05:52 PM, Rick Wesson wrote:

> Ed,
>
> The private discussion the wg chairs have had with the IESG have
> prevented
> this group from moving forward; therefore I request all communication
> between the IESG and the wg chairs also CC the list.

I don't know how you know the private discussions have prevented this
WG from moving forward, but I'm guessing that it is not true.  PROVREG
should use the same procedures used by all IETF working groups.  And if
they aren't working out, then perhaps it should be addressed in a
broader manner.  Perhaps this would be good input for the problem
statement work currently in motion.

> We have experenced 4 month delay because of this situation and it is
> unacceptable. We still are in a state of limbo.

I agree.  Lack of forward motion is frustrating.

> ed, please restate the issues, proposed solutions, wg consensus (if any
> appears evident) and iesg issues in a single concise e-mail to this wg
> so we can at the very least understand where we are in this process,
> and
> how we can move it forward.

This sounds like a good idea.

-andy