To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <iesg@ietf.org>
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:52:29 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] FYI: EPP implementation by the Polish registry

Ed,

The private discussion the wg chairs have had with the IESG have prevented
this group from moving forward; therefore I request all communication
between the IESG and the wg chairs also CC the list.

We have experenced 4 month delay because of this situation and it is
unacceptable. We still are in a state of limbo.

ed, please restate the issues, proposed solutions, wg consensus (if any
appears evident) and iesg issues in a single concise e-mail to this wg
so we can at the very least understand where we are in this process, and
how we can move it forward.

thanks,

-rick

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Edward Lewis wrote:

> I don't know that there's a proper response to this request.
> Generally, I answer privately to private mail, publicly to public
> mail.  If anyone contacts me privately, I don't differentiate based
> on IESG membership status.
>
> I use my judgement when it comes to deciding whether a conversation
> is better served on the public list.  The below referenced discussion
> didn't yield ( or hasn't yet yielded) anything that would add to the
> WG.
>
> At 9:45 -0800 2/18/03, Rick Wesson wrote:
> >Ed,
> >

> >from this point further I request all corrispondance with the IESG be
> >cc'ed to this list. This issue has dragged on in part because of
> >gatekeeping by the chairs.
> >
> >If the IESG wants to stir the pot they need to include us in the
> >converstaion.
> >
> >I hope this is the last time I will request this as standard opperating
> >procedure.
> >
> >best,
> >
> >-rick
> >

> >>  Funny you should mention the latter.  Here are some snippets of a
> >>  mail exchange I had with a member of the IESG:
> >>
> >>  >"Section 8.4 of RFC 3375. See the MUST part of [1]"
> >>
> >>  Paraphrasing the context of that: the IESG feels that the EPP spec
> >>  does not meet this requirement.
> >>
> >>  I replied:
>
> --
> Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
> ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list