To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Cc: edlewis@arin.net, jaap@sidn.nl
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:06:57 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: document management

I have a question to float to the group that is not privacy related.

Currently we have a set of documents sitting in the IESG review
process, which is why we are covering the privacy issue rather
intensively right now.  Procedurally, if and when we address this,
the documents could continue onward to a Proposed Standard RFC set.

We have been having difficulty getting consensus on the privacy issue.

But that is not the only issue out there.  There is the ROID issue
waiting along with some others that we really ought to solve before
we can leave the PS orbit.  (I.e., if we hit PS soon, we'll have to
do it again anyway to handle some of the potential changes.)

I'm proposing that we withdraw the current document set from the IESG
review cycle, address all of the IESG comments anyway and then move
on to addressing the other latent issues and resubmit for PS as soon
as we can.  Perhaps in February.

Comments?
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list