To: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@sidn.nl>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:54:39 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: mail list traffic

    Pertinent to the discussion on privacy, I fear that our list's
    spam protection is halting some messages.  Randy has sent an
    answer to the privacy topic that has not appeared on the mailing
    list.  (It just dawned on me why.)  I think one from Richard
    Shockey shares the same fate.

Yes, two messages were waiting approval (from Randy & Richard) and
I approved them immediately when I noticed them.

    I don't have the keys to the mail list management software (if
    they've been given to me, I've lost them), so I need to ask
    Jaap (or whoever else is at the controls) if (t)he(y) could
    look through the held messages and approve any on the topic.

The server itself is in Sweden, I only have the mojordomo controls.
I'll send them in a seperate mail.

    I'm putting this out publicly just to let folks know that there's
    an effort to get the public discussion going from all angles,
    we're just suffering some technical difficulties.

I investigated this a bit and the answer is that there are no
technical difficulties.  Randy is not on the subscribtion list at
all and Richard uses multiple addresses. He is subscribed with his
.us address and used a .biz address for this contribution. Therefore,
the messages were waiting for approval.

	jaap

Home | Date list | Subject list