To: "'Joe Abley'" <jabley@isc.org>
Cc: "'Edward Lewis'" <edlewis@arin.net>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:47:24 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: privacy

> For example, I had assumed that the attributes proposal would
> at least
> meet the requirements of gTLD registries, since you raised it, but
> Rick's comments earlier seem to suggest otherwise. Is there *any*
> registry you know of for whom the attributes proposal is comnpatible
> with an existing privacy policy?

I'm not familiar with the privacy nuances of the 200+ ccTLD registries, but
I do believe the attribute proposal could work for the ICANN gTLD registries
if we had the freedom to decide what gets disclosed and what doesn't get
disclosed.  As Rick noted we currently operate under terms negotiated with
ICANN that require disclosure of much information, but that doesn't mean
that those terms will remain constant -- especially since the topic of data
privacy is currently being debated within ICANN.

If I remember correctly, Jaap did say somewhere on the list that the
proposal could work for .nl...

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list