To: "'Klaus Malorny'" <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:46:47 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: lastVerified: optional vs. extension

> We already have a lot of registry-specific and inflexible
> stuff in EPP, mostly,
> but not limited to, the handling of name servers. EPP is
> clearly designed after
> Network Solution's registry model (before they were forced to
> open the registry
> to others), which is far from being generic or prototypical
> for the existing
> ccTLDs around the world.

If this were true and the model were not of more general interest other
members of the WG would have shot it down long ago.  As I remember the
discussion the WG felt that the model was the most reasonable compromise
when all the alternatives (including the one you proposed) were considered.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list