To: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Cc: Olivier Guillard / AFNIC <Olivier.Guillard@nic.fr>, Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>, James M Woods <jwoods@netstormit.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Olivier Guillard <Olivier.Guillard@nic.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:58:12 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: last-verified-date

> By the way: Following the discussions here in this list, I sometimes get the
> impression that the argument "this is a registry policy and therefore should not
> be part of EPP" and its complement are just used as needed to exclude/include
> certain parts from/into the specs.

DNS as every bottlenecks is a point of meetings for many different
interest and make many poeple nervous :)

Anyway, we must admit that we need law and legislations sometimes,
particulary when it is question of maintaining common ressources.

> The A/AAAA/A6 record of the name server in the
> innermost zone is the only authoritative source of the IP address of a name
> server.

-> agree, this is normally not the registry business to announce it

Olivier

--
Olivier Guillard
---
|| AFNIC - Immeuble International
|| 2 rue Stephenson - Montigny-le-Bretonneux
|| 78181, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX, France
|| http://www.nic.fr/
|| mailto:Olivier.Guillard@nic.fr
|| tel: +33 1 39 30 83 31

Home | Date list | Subject list