To: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
CC: James M Woods <jwoods@netstormit.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:05:02 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: last-verified-date

Rick Wesson wrote:

Hi Rick,

> contact objects for domain registries are the only objects that the
> registry does not authortatively manage. The domain registration and in
> zone name servers all have constraints which prevent invalid registration.

Just for clarity: The registry does not manage the in-zone name servers
authoritatively neither. I still can go into a domain's zone file and
change the IP addresses of the name servers contained in this zone,
similar to the moving of a person from one city to another. The host
entries are quite comparable to the contacts in this aspect. This makes
some efforts in EPP rediculous.

> -rick

regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list