To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:56:07 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Proposed Document Changes - Pending Operations

Janusz,

I understand what you suggested, but I would like to have Scott comment on
the use of <value> element within <result>. On page 12 of epp-06, it states
that:

 " - Zero or more OPTIONAL <value> elements that echo client-provided
  elements (including XML tag and value) that caused server error
  conditions."

In syntax, it can be used as a hook for what I want, but in semantics, this
element is not defined for that purpose. Do we really want to overload the
use of this element? I would prefer to add another OPTIONAL element such as
<notify> in <result> instead.

I am writing a draft for the uniform treatment of pending action in EPP,
hopefully to get it done by this weekend. So stay tuned...

--Hong