To: "'janusz sienkiewicz'" <janusz@libertyrms.com>, Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:42:49 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Proposed Document Changes - Pending Operations

> I don't think any particular changes are required tp epp
> protocol to acomplish
> Hong's objective. In epp06 <result> element has child
> <value> element. The
> definition of <value> element in epp06 is more flexible than
> in epp02 (it allows
> xml extensions). I think <value> element could be used to
> indicate that the last
> operation is pending.

Not really -- the purpose of allowing XML in the <value> element is so that
the server can identify and return any XML that might have caused an error
condition -- it's not there for extension purposes.  From section 2.5 of
epp-06:

"- Zero or more OPTIONAL <value> elements that echo client-provided
elements (including XML tag and value) that caused server error
conditions."

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list