To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:24:15 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Multiple Extension Elements for Command/Response in EPP

Scott,

I would like to request a small change in epp-1.0.xsd to allow multiple
<extension> elements at the command and response level. Specifically, the
changes are:

(1) On page 56 of EPP-06 under the <commandType> definition, add attribute
"maxOccurs=unbounded" to the <extension> element.
(2) On page 59 of EPP-06 under the <responseType> definition, add attribute
"maxOccurs=unbounded" to the <extension> element.

This change is based on the experiences gained through our recent EPP
extension work (usTLD, EPP PUSH, etc...). At present, at most one
<extension> is allowed. If I have two independent extensions for an object
type, say domain, then I cannot list them independently in the command and
response. Allowing multiple <extension> elements can solve the problem.

Thanks!

--Hong

Home | Date list | Subject list