To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: budi@alliance.globalnetlink.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:50:16 +0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: (Fwd) .ID - plan to open zone transfer

Sorry, a little out of topic.
I thought since this list has many respected people,
then I should cross post my email.
Sorry for any inconveniences.

-- budi

From:           	budi@alliance.globalnetlink.com
To:             	cctld-discuss@wwtld.org
Date sent:      	Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:46:26 +0700
Subject:        	.ID - plan to open zone transfer

Folks,
internally we (.ID ) is planning to open zone transfer
to various parties, including gTLD registrars.
No firm deadline/timeline is scheduled though.

We are looking for comments/suggestions/best practices
from other ccTLDs.
- is there any value in this?
- things that we should watch for?
- what can we get from gTLD registrars?
- should we jump into "new" protocols & techniques
  (eg. EPP and the like or should we stick with
  conventional methods?)
- agreement template?
- general comments?

[Note: To those who asked us about ICANN.
Yes, we allow zone transfer to ICANN. Why shouldn't we?]

Also, we are looking for secondaries (will be part of
glue record) for .ID and second level domains under .ID.
Suggestions to increase our reliability is welcome.

Regards
-- budi