To: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:59:31 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Yokohama?

At 5:49 PM -0400 6/5/02, Daniel Manley wrote:
>So what's the scoop?  Are we anticipating having a meeting in
>Yokohama? What's >the timing on the feedback from the IESG?  Is it
>worth meeting for the recent >draft releases?

My mind is changeable, but looks like there won't be a meeting
scheduled.  The state is that 6 documents are in front of the IESG.
There's no predicting when any of them will move, as 5 of them are
waiting for referenced documents to advance.  We do have two
refreshed documents and a volunteer for a third (which I need to dig
up).

The two new documents haven't generated any discussion on the list.
Without at least some activity on the list, there's no reason to have
a meeting - because the list is what defines the WG, not the meeting.

So, unless there are some threads soon, there isn't justification to
reserve a time slot.  And the agenda closes in about 2 weeks, if I'm
not mistaken.  I won't mind putting in for a time slot - the sense of
the list to date is that it isn't worth it.

Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

Home | Date list | Subject list