To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Roger Castillo Cortazar <castillo@nic.mx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:30:44 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: XML Digital Signatures for EPP.

Hi everybody.

We are working on an implementation of EPP for NIC-MX.

In our requirements we included a digital signature for all the
object transform commands.

This will provide the means to authenticate the sender,
verify the integrity of the information and to assure
the non-repudiation of the command.

There is a lot of work from IETF and W3C on XML Signatures,
we have some RFC's on signing models, canonical forms, etc.
There are also a few SDK's for XML digital signatures.

This seems to be quite interesting and useful, any comments ?
Is anyone working on something like this ?

Maybe this could be an interesting extension for EPP.
What do you think ?

Greetings.

Roger Castillo Cortazar
NIC-Mexico http://www.nic.mx