To: "'Roger Castillo Cortazar'" <castillo@nic.mx>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:23:41 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: XML Digital Signatures for EPP.

Roger,

I've been thinking about this from the very beginning, but haven't really
wanted to get started until the EPP core documents were finished and the XML
DSIG stuff firmed up a bit.  Now that we're getting close to finishing the
core documents and RFC 3275 has been published I plan on looking at it much
more closely.

One other thought: digital signatures can also be applied via Open PGP or
S/MIME, and this might play into the whole email transport thing that we've
talked about but not yet crafted an I-D for.  Maybe there's two or three
documents to be written around email, including a core spec and one each
describing PGP and S/MIME security wrappers.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list