To: Hong.Liu@neustar.biz
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: asbjorn.rrp@theglobalname.org
Date: 27 Feb 2002 09:54:05 -0000
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Reverse Lookup using IP Address in EPP?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:49:43 -0600 "Liu, Hong" <Hong.Liu@neustar.biz> wrote:
>> The second question has to do with whois.
>
>[HL] I asked the question because whois was suggested by Scott and Patrik as
>out-of-band means to getting the job done. What I want to make sure is that
>whether ALL host objects created in the registry are available for query in
>the whois database.

As far as I can remember, nothing is mentioned in the EPP drafts about whois.
Whereas you can be pretty sure that in-zone nameservers would always be in
whois (due to the IP-information), I guess it would be Registry Policy whether
or not to include non-nameserver hosts as well...

Asbjorn

--
 The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s)
 or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential

Home | Date list | Subject list