To: "'Rick H Wesson'" <wessorh@ar.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:14:35 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: <info> Command and authInfo

No, that's NOT what passed last call.  The only field that is currently
explicitly identified as one that shouldn't be shown to anyone other than
the sponsoring client is the <authInfo> field.  Otherwise, the schema
defines the mandatory and optional fields, and those that are optional are
that way only because they may or may not exist.

The suggested compromise was to explicitly make more fields optional so that
they can be displayed (or not) based on a server's unauthorized client
policy.  That is:

- if you're the sponsoring client, you get it all.
- if you're not the sponsoring client, but you have the auth info, you get
it all.
- if you're not the sponsoring client and you don't have the auth info, you
get a subset defined by server policy.

This is derived from comments provided by Bruce and Jens-Uwe, so if I got it
wrong I hope one or both of them will correct me.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list