To: wessorh@ar.com, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@register.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:37:48 -0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: "External" hosts in EPP

At 11:58 AM -0800 12/17/01, wessorh@ar.com wrote:
>Scott,
>
>I'd agree that Asbjorn's proposal is reasonable one. OTOH, creating
>objects for non-glue hosts seem counterintuitive, I'd prefer that we did
>not have too. If others favor consistency, i'll drop my objection.

Consistency is nice.  Asbjorn's proposal has the added advantage of
making it much easier to change from a host without glue to an
in-zone host with glue by simply updating the object as opposed to
changing each and every domain that you have associated with a
particular out-of-zone host.

Jordyn

Home | Date list | Subject list