To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:48:57 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: "External" hosts in EPP

OK, then, last concern:  I think I said something bogus when talking about
this at SLC.  I believe it was Sheer who asked if the intention was to allow
mixing of host-object and no-host-object modes, and I think I said "yes".
If I did, that's not what I meant to say.  My intention was to provide the
choice in the domain mapping such that a server could choose to implement
host objects (now with Asbjorn's suggested fix that some of you vaguely
remembered at the end of the discussion), or a server could choose to NOT
implement host objects and do delegations using name server info as domain
attributes.

Does anyone see any value in offering this choice?  Is anyone interested in
implementing a no-host-object server?  If not, it doesn't seem worth adding
the choice.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list