To: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
CC: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:55:27 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: "External" hosts in EPP

I like the flexibility this change would offer.  Should the spec should
say that the two forms cannot mix?  ie. if host mapping is used (as
stated in the server's greeting) then "in-zone" host objects cannot be
implicitly created through domain create or update commands.

And for out-of-zone hosts... after being created in a domain create or
update command, should a <host:info> work these hosts?  I personally
would still like the registry to create host objects implicitly for
these out-of-zone hosts -- mostly to facilitate mass updates of domains
using a particular host.  Beside, it wouldn't surprise me if a registry
that is already handing domain-host relationships via RDMS normalized
table relations would implicitly create host records and relations for
out-of-zone hosts.

Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list