To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Jens-Uwe Gaspar <jug@schlund.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:50:06 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [Epp-rtk-devel] contact field lengths (fwd)

Dear Scott,

"Hollenbeck, Scott" wrote:

> [...]

So why are there any limitations for the contact-fields-length (org,name,
streets,state,city,phone,fax) ?

If you want some limitations use 255 chars for all of them, that should
fit most of the needs for all contacts. The fact, that this length is too
big for an envelope-address-field shouldn't be restricted in a draft
specification/standard. IMHO, this is a matter of a registries policy
implementing this draft.

Yours sincerely,

Jens-Uwe Gaspar

Jens-Uwe Gaspar                              Schlund + Partner AG
E-Mail: jug@schlund.de                       Erbprinzenstr. 4 - 12
Tel. +49-721-91374-50                        76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Fax  +49-721-91374-20                        http://www.schlund.de

Home | Date list | Subject list