To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:13:12 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: ".au" registry technical specification

Bruce,

I read the specification slightly differently: they don't wish to mandate
use of the current IETF specs because there is no standard yet, and there
aren't any open implementations.  Both issues seem more-or-less reasonable
given that we haven't yet produced any draft standards.  I wouldn't want to
mandate anything either until things were more solid.

FWIW there _is_ at least one open client implementation being done on
SourceForge; perhaps Dan Manley or Rick Wesson can fill in details or
provide insights into that implementation and any server-side work that's
being done.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list