To: "'Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine'" <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:09:36 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: <check> Response Attribute

No, I've suggested that we replace what has been a kludge for a boolean
response with a true boolean response.

> How do you propose we handle requirements for "reserved" domain names?

The <check> command's purpose is to answer the question "does this object
exist in the repository"; the answer to that question is binary.  If a name
has been registered the answer should be "yes".

I don't know which/whose requirements you're referring to.  If you're
alluding to a specific server operator's need to return information beyond a
yes/no response I'd propose use of the extension mechanism.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list