To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick <patrick@gandi.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 19:08:09 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Message Pushing and TCP Transport

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 06:43:07PM +0200, Patrick took time to write:
> For the record, I agree to have the PUSH as a MAY, however I totally
> disagree to say that the POLL is bad and should be replaced by the
> PUSH. The POLL should be a MUST and the PUSH a MAY.

Also this should be clearly specified during the greetings (in the
svcMenu tag), and the client SHOULD be able to refuse that the server
uses the PUSH (preference it can show during the login command, in
the options tag).

Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list