To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:28:20 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Questions about containers

Eric,

First, thanks for the drafts.

k, I have some questions and possibly corrections as well:

1) XRP is mentioned twice without introduction.  Is this leftover from
the XRP drafts?

2) Do containers and their relations to other objects preclude the
associations defined in the EPP domain draft?

3) The registrant -- that is simply a contact right.  I might have
missed it but I don't think it explicitly says that.

4) Can you explain the difference between child objects and linked
objects?  That wasn't completely clear to me.

5) The container delete description specifies that the authInfo must be
provided.  This isn't right is it?

6) In container delete, what is the difference between using the none
and the break option?  Taking no action on related objects implicitly
breaks their association with the deleted container right?

7) The following paragraph states that a container should not be deleted
if it is associated with other known objects.  Is that really saying
that containers can't be delete as long as they have a parent?  The way
it is worded there, I couldn't help but try to extrapolate a meaning
with the previous option element (none, delete, break).  But maybe
that's just the way I interpreted it.

8) How does a registrar know which templates exist in the registry?
 Will that information be provided out-of-band in contracts or notices
from the registry?

9) Referring to the diagram example in the draft, if a registrar
associated a domain to Container 3, would that domain have Host 1 (from
Container 1) and Host 2 in it's DNS records?

I might forward more questions as I study the document a little more.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list