To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:12:47 +1000
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Meeting straw poll

Hello All,

As Rick Wesson points out:

	I prefer a single specification of the XML Schemas that we converse
about,
	I don't care that there are diferent transports. I would encourage
the use
	of BXXP as I'm sure the IESG would...

The discussion seems to be getting bogged down in issues of transport
protocols.
I would like to see the new ideas of XRP that relate to the XML schemas,
commands etc (e.g incorporating the ability to push information as well as
poll for it) in the one EPP document.

Then we can separately specify how to run EPP over BEEP, TCP, email etc.
I expect to see initial implementations using mainstream protocols, with
some "cutting-edge" users opting to use the latest protocols.  It would be
wise not to be "locked-in" to one way or the other in the outputs of this
working group.

So lets integrate the ideas of XRP into the existing drafts where
appropriate, and create separate documents that deal with data extensions or
methods of using different transport/session protocols.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

Home | Date list | Subject list