To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:32:36 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Requirements Draft Update

I just sent an updated requirements draft to the I-D administrator; it
should be announced tomorrow or as soon as they get out from under whatever
backlog they're working through.  Here's a summary of the changes:

-02 to -03: IESG review and WG experience updates.

  Added Acknowledgements section.

  Changed use of the term "TLD" where the generic terms "zone" and "name
  space" are more appropriate per IESG comments.  Added definitions of
  zone and name space.

  Numerous changes of MUST/MAY/SHOULD/etc. to lower case with minor
  edits to multiple sentences to distinguish protocol requirements from
  use descriptions per IESG comments.

  Modified 3.4.1-[6] to remove "returned when created" text per WG
  discussion on object identifiers in protocol responses.

  Modified 3.4.2-[3] and 3.4.2-[5] per IESG comments.

  Deleted 3.4.2-[4] because it repeated a requirement described in
  3.4.3-[1]; renumbered remaining requirements.

  Modified paragraphs in 3.4.9 to note recent WG decisions on use of
  object authorization information.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list