To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:36:16 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Meeting straw poll

Edward Lewis wrote:

> Towards the end of the meeting at the 51st IETF there was a straw poll
> held.  I wanted to allow those not present to voice responses.
>
> First, I asked for a show of hands of implementors.  Not that this is a
> decision point, if you are building an implementation and don't mind doing
> so, please mention this to the chairs - not that we are going to do
> anything with the data.

If you include client implementations, I think I should raise my hand.

> (I suppose I should set forth a data collection policy ;) - the data is
> simply to give an indication of the number of efforts.  We won't be
> reselling the contact information. ;))
>
> Second, and this is a decision point.  If members want to delay an answer
> until the minutes are available, this is understandable.
>
> 1) Are you "loyal" to EPP?
> 2) Are you "loyal" to XRP?

1&2: no, why should I? For explanation, see the last section of my latest
posting in the "host transfers" thread.

> 3) Do you want just one to be defined?  IOW, you'll be dealing with so many
> folks, you can't afford to have two dissimilar systems.

I don't want to have just one to be defined, I would like to see the best
being defined here. Although Scott did a lot of adjustments based on the
critics here, I thought the purpose of this WG would be more than finishing up
EPP and then deciding between EPP and XRP...

BTW: I'm wondering what the silence of the ccTLD representatives -- which are
in this list hopefully -- means.

regards,

Klaus Malorny

     |       |
     | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                           Technologiepark
                                        Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
     Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
     Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list