To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:08:08 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Proposed agenda

The statement "EPP is not able to meet the security requirements" caught my
attention.  One of the primary features of EPP is distinct layering so that
different types of service layers (such as additional security services) can
be defined with relative ease.  While it's true that there's nothing in the
current EPP specs that describes how transactions can be protected using (as
an example) XML digital signatures, the architecture is such that anyone can
write a draft describing such an additional service layer without having to
define a new protocol.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list