To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:56:10 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Poll response data

All info will be correct as of the time a message was queued, though you're
right that things might change between the time a message gets queued and
the time it gets retrieved (in the case you mentioned, registrar-A's queued
messages will include a notice of B's ACK, so when viewed in aggregate all
of the info will be correct and current).  I suppose that the need or desire
to do a <transfer> query after receiving notice of a <transfer> action may
depend on the amount of time that has elapsed between message enqueuing and
message retrieval.  What I think is important, though, is that the client
will have all of the info it needs to determine if it _should_ do an
additional query -- it won't _have_ to.  Without more detail in the message,
the client _must_ do a query to obtain details.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list